08 October, 2013

Just breathe...


Tonight I took my own advice.

 I posted this on Facebook about a week ago, and thought it was a great idea, but somehow life and doing 'stuff' got in the way. Tonight, as I went downstairs to turn off the lights and close up, I had the impulse to go outside and look up at the sky.  It made me feel so much better.

Not that I wasn't feeling good before, I'd had a great night, was feeling good about everything, but somehow this took it up to a level I didn't know I needed. I didn't realise how much I was missing being outside and feeling the elements. I'm such an Inside Girl - I work in an air conditioned, artificially lit shopping centre, drive to and from work.  I'm in most nights, so to be in my backyard, feeling the breeze on my skin, taking deep breaths and smelling the perfume of  my jasmine plant was magical.
And yes, looking up at the stars (the few that are visible from my back yard) made me feel small, yet part of the whole universe at the same time.
I'll be doing this more often ...





5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder! I think I could use a dose of this in the evenings when I get off the computer. I was totally productive yesterday, and by the time I got off the computer my brain was a bit fried. It took me a while to wind down and relax. I think a little bit of fresh air and sky gazing might have helped with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holly,
    I need to remind myself from time to time as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Jacqstar!

    There is nothing like getting out in nature... whether it's the moon and stars or the beautiful shining sun!

    Keep Shining!
    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's it! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies, it's so important to get out in the fresh air and out of the air con and artificial lights - at least even for your own sanity :)

    ReplyDelete